Gokada is a leading technology startup in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa.
Gokada’s services include instant parcel delivery, food delivery, ride-hailing, and more. Currently headquartered in Lagos, Gokada is in the process of expanding to other cities. Our Vision is to be the biggest Super App for Africa and we aim to make African Cities easier, better and more enjoyable to live in by empowering lives of people through technology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking for highly organized candidates with good quantitative ability for the position of fleet manager.
- Moreover, fleet manager will possess skills such as efficient use of time, excellent leadership and decision-making skill.
- Fleet managers are responsible for assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet, maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency, among other duties.
- Developing efficient driver schedules to maximize profits.
- Managing drivers so they adhere to strict schedules.
- Registering and licensing all vehicles under their management.
- Finding ways to cut maintenance costs and maximize profits.
- Developing strategies for greater fuel efficiency.
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
- Complying with State / National Transport laws and regulations.
- Scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensuring strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
- Analyzing data to increase business operational efficiency.
- Utilizing Tracking systems to monitor drivers and track vehicles in case of breakdown and theft.
- Nurture a positive working relationship amongst team members
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Accounting or equivalent, MBA preferred
- 4+ years in a logistics role.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Quantitative ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Gokada is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics ( such as but not limited to gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status.)
- We want all employees (including executives and People Success) to treat others with respect and professionalism.