We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Regulatory and Statutory Compliance, Risk and Compliance
Job Identification: 1546
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 3
Reports To: Senior Manager Compliance and Ethics management
Division: Risk and Compliance
- Deliver an effective second line of defence through the operationalization of the Operating License Compliance Monitoring and Testing model.
- Implement standards for testing methodologies, techniques and procedures and conduct robust quality standard program.
- Stay abreast of all relevant compliance and regulatory requirements within the Telecommunications Industry
- Monitor license obligations and rights as they apply to MTN. Identify requirements, co-ordinate the information collation and submission through appropriate channels.
- Assess whether the necessary and effective compliance and enforcement measures are actively pursued in relation to statutory provisions, by-laws and licensing conditions applicable to MTN.
- Assess whether adequate policies and procedures exist to ensure compliance to Operating License requirements and assist management with the development of these where they are lacking.
- Execute compliance audit programs to determine organizational vulnerabilities and highlight risks.
- Maintain continuous oversight of collection and dissemination of any regulatory, Compliance Monitoring and Testing and audit issues in order to provide ongoing advice and guidance to the General Manager: Compliance.
- Understand the impact of potential changes driven by the regional/local regulators, industry, marketplace, and or legal environment and report these appropriately.
- Undertake investigations related to non-compliance, identify issues and seek to resolve problems in a timely manner in line with regulatory requirements as defined by Regulators or MTN policies.
- Analyze Regulatory trends and perform risk assessments to identify areas of impact. Adapt the compliance monitoring programs accordingly. Assess whether the business is informed accordingly in order to proactively prepare for changes.
- Review the quality of MTNN’s Compliance Monitoring and Testing programs and continuously improve its maturity.
- Report on monitoring and testing results to the GM, Compliance and assist with relevant Excom and Board reporting.
- Monitor and report on the operating license and compliance with best practice and processes.
- Provide guidance to continuously enhance awareness and understanding of operating license compliance and policy issues, obligations and requirements.
- Provide input into strategies for ensuring future compliance and mitigation of risk i.e. Material legislations, fines and reporting requirements for various regulators.
- Manage the preparation and recommend the departmental budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget while ensuring all departmental activities are conducted in line with the approved guidelines.
- Implementation of Operating License frameworks.
- Ensure increased awareness of Operating License regulations and legislation.
- Be accessible to other team members and support all aspects of the licensing functions.
- First Degree in any relevant discipline
- Post graduate qualification (MBA/CA/Masters) advantageous
- Fluent in English
6 – 13 years’ experience which includes:
- Management experience with at least 3 years in relevant sector/industry/area of specialization (understanding of emerging markets is advantageous)
- Work experience across diverse cultures
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Managerial Jobs in Nigeria|