We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – NOA (DC) 1
Job ID: 9722
Vacancy no.: ABUJA/DC/NO/2022/14
Organization Unit: CO-Abuja
Contract type: Fixed Term
- The ILO seeks to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation officer at NO-B level to support the implementation of the project on Elevating Women’s Participation in the Workplace in West Africa, funded by the US Department of Labour’s Bureau of International Labour Affairs (ILAB). The position will be located in the ILO Abuja Office, which maintains overall responsibility for the ILO’s presence and activities in four Anglophone Countries of West Africa: Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. It also serves as the liaison office for Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). It supports its constituents in defining programme priorities, activities, monitoring, and overall programme delivery.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation officer will support the implementation of the project on Elevating Women’s Participation in the Workplace in West Africa. The project aims at achieving the following Outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Increased capacity of individuals, communities, and/or institutions to address2 discrimination and Gender Based Violence & Harassment (GBVH) in the world of work.
- Outcome 2: Strengthened networks among individuals, communities, and/or institutions to address discrimination and GBVH in the world of work.
- The project will increase the capacity of stakeholders, including individuals, communities, and institutions to address discrimination and GBVH issues in the world of work. It will also strengthen existing networks to address discrimination and GBVH in the world of work that include government entities at all levels, businesses, communities, civil society organizations, worker organizations, and other social partners. In addition, the project will facilitate communication between and across stakeholders and promote collective action to address discrimination and GBVH in the world of work.
- Under the overall responsibility of the Director of ILO CO-Abuja, The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the implementation of the Comprehensive M&E Plan for the project, contribute towards knowledge management including documentation and dissemination of lessons learned, good practices, and recommendations for targeted piloted and scalable activities; and contribute to technical progress reports and support with the planning and implementation of internal and independent evaluations.. The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and receive technical guidance and support from ROAF M&E teams and the Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work Branch (FUNDAMENTALS) Research and Evaluation Unit.
Description of Duties
- Assist the Project Manager and the project team in the implementation of the project by providing technical inputs, particularly in the areas of planning, monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the project participatory Comprehensive M&E Plan (CMEP ) including: including:
- Formulate, jointly with the project team and stakeholders, the CMEP Document
- Develop the semi-annual technical progress reports and a final technical report for the submission to the donor and ILO (i.e., PARDEV).
- Development and implementation of quantitative and qualitative baseline and endline outcome studies as requested.
- Train the project team and stakeholders in the implementation of the CMEP as a management, learning and reporting tool.
- Review on an on-going basis the quality of the data reported on indicators.
- Track on project performance based on relevant indicators for reporting to ILO and the donor and to support the project management.
- Implement the knowledge management strategy linked with the CMEP that includes:
- Develop a methodology for evidence-based documentation of process and results of innovative models of intervention towards systemic change.
- Developing modalities for regular exchanges of learning into project workflows and activities, both amongst the project team (face-to-face and virtual meetings, discussions and webinars etc.) and between the project team and key stakeholders (face-to-face and virtual meetings and discussions, document management, etc.);
- Identification, recording and dissemination of evidence-based lessons learned and good practices throughout the life of the project;
- Mechanisms to enhance the knowledge management function on child labor in key stakeholders in the target countries and at regional level including aspect of governance, knowledge transfer, electronic accessibility and other aspects of a knowledge management strategy beyond the life of the project.
- Support technically the implementation of the mid-term and final evaluations of the project, including inputs in TORs, promote participation of stakeholders in the whole evaluation process, and technical support during their implementation and ensure the dissemination of findings, lessons learned, good practices and recommendations.
- Any other relevant asks as assigned by the Supervisor
- First level University Degree in Statistics, Demographics, Public Policy, International Development, Social Sciences Economics, or related field.;
- At leaset two years of professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing participatory M&E systems and strategies of international development projects.Knowledge and experience on gender and inclusiveness approaches. Knowledge and experience on child labour would be an asst.
- Experience in planning and managing studies such as project evaluations. baseline and endline studies, case studies, and gender/diversity-related studies.
- Experience in strategic planning and results -oriented performance measurement, including indicator design, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing and implement M&E plans.
- Experience in designing and administering quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, conducting data entry, data cleaning, data processing and analysis.
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers and/or sub-recipients.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken) required and working knowledge of another local language of the duty station
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies;
- Understanding of gender mainstreaming and analysis frameworks and development of indicators pertaining to adolescent girls’ and women’s economic empowerment is preferred;
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages;
- Sound knowledge of programme and budget, project formulation and management, administration and monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and negotiate effectively with government officials, representatives of civil society, representatives of workers’ and employers’ organizations, and academia.
- Excellent time management abilities, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong written communication skills, including proven ability to create high-quality written documents.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to justify requirements and approaches to problem resolution and good drafting skills
- Good ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyze problems with implementation
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and communications tools (internet and email).
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviours and attitudes
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation (M&E) would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of the ILO and/or UN procedures and systems would be an asset.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
Application Closing Date
2nd October 2022 (Midnight local time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria, Social Policy, Innovation, Programme Management, Research, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Jobs in Nigeria|