We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Job ID: 9628
Organization Unit: CO-Abuja
Contract type: Fixed Term
- We are seeking to recruit a Project Manager (P4) to lead the implementation of the project on Elevating Women’s Participation in the Workplace in West Africa, funded by the US Department of Labour’s Bureau of International Labour Affairs (ILAB).
- The position will be located in the ILO Abuja Office, which maintains overall responsibility for the ILO’s presence and activities in four Anglophone Countries of West Africa: Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. It also serves as the liaison office for Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
- It supports its constituents in defining programme priorities, activities, monitoring, and overall programme delivery. The position will specifically cover project activities in Nigeria and Liberia
- The Project Manager will lead the project team to implement and report on activities aimed at meeting the project outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Increased capacity of individuals, communities, and/or institutions to address discrimination and Gender Based Violence and Harassment (GVBH) in the world of work.
- Outcome 2: Strengthened networks among individuals, communities, and/or institutions to address discrimination and GBVH in the world of work.
- The project will increase the capacity of stakeholders, including individuals, communities, and institutions to address issues pertaining to gender equality, discrimination and GBVH in the world of work.
- It will also strengthen existing networks to address discrimination and GBVH in the world of work that include government entities at all levels, businesses, communities, civil society organizations, worker organizations, and other social partners.
- In addition, the project will facilitate communication between and across stakeholders and promote collective action to address discrimination and GBVH in the world of work.
- Reporting lines:
- The Project Manager will report to the Director of ILO CO-Abuja and will be responsible for overall implementation of project activities.
- The incumbent will receive technical guidance and support from ROAF, the Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work Branch (FUNDAMENTALS) and the Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Branch (GEDI).
Description of Duties
- Ensure effective implementation of the project: Plan, manage, coordinate, implement and monitor the project through timely provision of inputs, timely and efficient delivery of outputs, and monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, in conformity with ILO policies and USDOL guidelines.
- Ensure that the results are regularly documented, monitored, evaluated, reported, communicated and used for learning and adjustment of the project. Develop a strong results measurement framework, including a monitoring system to track progress and results at various levels. Mainstream gender, disability, and ethnic culture concerns into all project-related activities.
- Responsible for the effective and cost-efficient management of funds assigned to the project.
- Efficiently manage the work of the project team including recruitment, performance and talent management aspects.
Advocacy, Networking and Partnership:
- Strengthen relationship to cooperate and coordinate with the host government officials and work with government stakeholders at the national and/or local level, including relevant ministries or government bodies.
- Liaise with other organizations in the target country (ies) to implement project activities to advance the objective of the project.
- An Advanced University Degree in Public Policy, International Development, Social Science, Anthropology, Education, Economics or a related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience in project management and managing operational and administrative duties for USG-funded projects or other donor-funded projects with similar complexity.
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining systems for managing project operations, including overseeing the preparation and submission of project deliverables, stakeholder and risk management processes, cost and schedule controls, and sustainability planning and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing implementation of M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Proven success in leading project teams that are responsible for achieving project objectives relevant to the project being funded under this cooperative agreement.
- Proven success in building and maintaining working relationships with all project stakeholders; engaging in coalition building; and empowering stakeholders to take ownership of key project outcomes for post-project sustainability of progress.
- Strong facilitation, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Proven knowledge of issues pertaining to gender equality and non-discrimination.
- Experience working in West Africa.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) required.
- Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities, to act with integrity and transparency by maintaining social, ethical and organisational norms, and to meet all commitments within the prescribed time, cost and quality standards;
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice;
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to work effectively in a team and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write accurate reports and to build networks to obtain cooperation with partners;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes;
- Ability to unite or find convergence in an inclusive manner among diverging perspectives and to build bridges among different stakeholders.
Conditions of Employment:
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to ILO Staff Regulations and other relevant internal rules. Any offer of employment with the ILO is conditional upon certification by the ILO Medical Adviser that the person concerned is medically fit to perform the specific inherent requirements of the position offered. In order to confirm an offer from the ILO the successful candidate will be required to undergo a medical examination.
- Any extension of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
- For more information on conditions of employment, please visit the ILO Jobs International Recruitment page.
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2022 (midnight Geneva time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must complete an on-line application form. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
- Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for a written test and/or an interview.
- Depending on the location and availability of candidates, assessors and interview panel members, the ILO may use communication technologies such as Skype, Video or teleconference, e-mail, etc for the assessment and evaluation of candidates at the different stages of the recruitment process, including technical tests or interviews.
- The ILO has zero tolerance for acts of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) and is determined to ensure that all staff members and all beneficiaries of ILO assistance do not suffer, directly or indirectly, from sexual exploitation and abuse.
- To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organisation, the ILO may conduct a background verification of candidates under consideration.
- The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage.
- Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account – @ilo.org – should be disregarded.
- In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
|Job Category||Project /Programme Management / Project Management / Change Management Jobs in Nigeria|