Cavista is a global technology company creating cloud-based software solutions for clients. With operations around the world, we globalize, standardize and localize our processes, while at the same time remaining sensitive to specific needs in different regions. Our mission is to empower organizations with the world’s best technology solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Job type: Full-time | Remote
- The Senior Accountant will be responsible for keeping and maintaining proper books of accounts for the preparation of annual, statutory and group reporting accounts to give a lucid view of the situation of the company.
- Review financial statements for accuracy and legal compliance.
- Prepare and file tax returns.
- Enter accounting related information into business logs.
- Inspect account books for efficiency and accuracy.
- Responsible for GAAP preparation and entry of journal entries.
- Calculate and document accruals.
- Perform bank reconciliations and ensure proper coding of cash receipts and transfers.
- Maintain fixed assets.
- Prepare balance sheet and profit and loss account reconciliations.
- Perform monthly profit and loss analysis with explanation for variances to budget and prior periods including proposing required journal entries as needed.
- Set and execute year-end accounting close activities.
- Supports annual financial and other audits.
- Liaison between Account Receivable, Account Payable, general accounting, finance, IT, and other teams as necessary.
- Identify and drive revenue initiatives and strategy to advance the team and organization.
- Make recommendations and implement actions necessary to maintain and improve team and organization metrics.
- Other duties & projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of prior general accounting experience.
- Experience in Healthcare industry experience a plus.
- Experience in SAAS environment will be an added advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies such as Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN).
- Professional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g., XLOOKUP, SUMIFS, Advance Filters, Pivot tables, If Statements, Text to Columns, etc.)
- Strong account reconciliation skills.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- We offer a competitive compensation package (DOE), benefits and growth opportunities for everyone who joins Cavista!
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We want to know you better.
- Share your basic details and upload your resume.
- You will receive an email response with the next step.
- Intro Video Interview.
- You will receive a link from Mettl to complete a short video where you will answer questions to share your knowledge.
- We want you to learn about us.
- Meet our team for your in-person interview(s).
- Interview us as well.
Add A Comment