Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate, Finance
Employment Type: Permanent – Full Time
Department: Finance & Legal
Reporting To: Finance Manager, (Lagos, Nigeria)
The Team You Would Join
- Greenlight Planet is looking for a Senior Associate, in Finance to join its Finance team in Nigeria.
- The Senior Associate, Finance will work closely with the Finance team in Nigeria and West Africa to ensure the organisation has the adequate human capacity to cater for the financial books and records (account payables and receivables) in the region.
What you would be expected to do:
Accounting, Financial Reporting and Audit:
- Maintaining filing systems of all accounting and finance documents and vouchers in a manner which ensures ease in retrieval and reference.
- Maintain, reconcile, and analyze financial and accounting transactions/statements and ensure that they are accurate and in compliance with the company’s rules and accounting regulations in accordance with local GAAP
- Partake in generating all periodic financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis and ensure these are completed in time as per schedule.
- Reconciliation and adjustment of accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions and subsequent matching of the same.
- Partake in statutory and tax audits, external and internal audits, discuss and close all audit queries and gaps raised whilst ensuring process improvement.
- Accounts payable and expense reimbursements. Implement operational procedures to ensure that payments are made and received in a timely manner as per agreed TAT
- Financial report and Analytics: Partake in analysing monthly postings against financial report and close observable gaps
Compliance Matters and Processes/ Controls:
- Assisting in the filing of VAT Returns and WHT as well as a reconciliation of the same
Business Partnering and Relationships:
- Cultivate and maintain productive relationship with Auditors, Banking, Secretarial Services, Vendors, Customers, and other Business stakeholders.
- Account reconciliation with payments done via online stores including Jumia, Konga, flutterwave etc.
- Continuously build, develop, and lead the team whilst ensuring a harmonious and exciting work culture
You might be a strong candidate if you:
- Hold a Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Have a minimum of 4 years post-NYSC experience in Finance, tax or accounting (experience with the Big four firm is added advantage).
- Membership of Professional Accounting (ACCA, ACA, CFA) Body is a MUST.
- Hands-on experience in Accounting, Finance and Taxation Skills
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Treasury and International Trade
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team Player, Organization and Attention to detail
- Experience using financial software.
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits)
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast-growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open-minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria|