Food Concepts commenced operations in 2001. From inception, our aim has been clear-cut and focused: to revolutionize the food sector in West Africa and to deliver extraordinary satisfaction to our stakeholders.
Since launching in 2004, Chicken Republic (Subsidiary of Food concepts) has already opened 55 stores in Nigeria and Ghana. On this basis, we are proud of the brand’s hard-earned reputation as the fastest growing chicken QSR in West Africa and the number 1 chicken QSR in Nigeria (both in revenues and number of outlets). In addition, Chicken Republic was ranked as one of Nigeria’s top 20 brands across all categories (Financial Standards Awards 2009).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Tax Management
Requisition ID: 860
Employment Type: Full-time
Grade Level: 8
Reports to (Title): Head of Finance
Department: Finance Department
Direct Reports: Tax Associate
- To keep the business abreast with and compliant with state and all tax regulations and develop policies for dealing with tax related issues. The job holder must be up to date with emerging tax laws and trends and advises the Company on how to manage tax burdens.
Core Responsibilities and Key Result Areas
Strategic Planning and Alignment:
- Lead the implementation of the strategic Tax plan for the Company
- Assist the Company to make rational tax decisions and maximize tax engagements.
- Develops procedures, schedules, priorities and programmes for achieving Tax objectives and goals
- Communicating Tax findings effectively through professionally designed Tax reports
- Prepare financial tax provisions for the Company, and preparing the consolidated Federal and State tax returns periodically
- Prepares and files annual and periodic tax returns, whilst ensuring the business is not exposed to tax risk
- Keep abreast of relevant updates regrading financial reporting framework and tax regulation whilst advising the business on a need basis.
- Oversee the process of tax computation, Capital Allowance Computation and obtaining certificates of acceptance.
- Fulfill the Company’s tax obligations in a timely fashion, as well as assisting them to file for their tax returns.
- Coordinate the activities of the tax department
- Ensure that the department renders quality tax services to business divisions
- Extend advisory services to individuals and businesses
- Ensure that Company’s tax dealings are in compliance with laid down tax laws
- Prepare tax reports, correspondence, and research memoranda
- Assist or advice the company on how to avert task risks
- Assist or advice the company on how to manage tax burdens
- Identify factors that may lead to tax risks
- Carryout research on new tax laws and trends
- Work closely with the staff and managers of other key departments
- Network with other professionals in the field to remain up to date with changes in tax laws and trends
- Provide tax data for Business divisions and third party professionals
Reporting and Supervision:
- Plan, assigns and supervises audit staff
- Implement Tax operations
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, review and report on the work of Tax staff
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timeliness on monthly reports.
- Timeliness of tax filling
- Rate of compliance with internal controls on regulatory filings
- Non-exposure of company to tax risk
- Accuracy of financial report
- Rate of increase in business productivity and profitability
- A good First Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- Minimum of 8 years in a core financial/Tax Operations capacity
- Possession of a Post graduate degree in Accounting /Business Administration or related field is an added advantage
- Membership of CITN, ICAN, CFA or any other related professional qualification is required.
- Knowledge FIRS and GAAP
- Knowledge of SEC and FRCN rules
- Knowledge of Tax regulations
- Knowledge of the money market
- Knowledge of the Food/QSR Industry processes
- Recommend operational, strategic and financial decisions
- Enforce agreed decisions
- Gives recommendations and makes investment decisions
- Provide information to auditors
- Ensures accurate financial reporting
- Analyse income, expenses and reconcile accounts
- Job holder typically work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, although some roles may involve weekend or evening work.
- This role is largely office-based, although at times the job may require travel to meetings held off-site, as the company has more than one office; or speaking on the phone which leaves their analysis and research work for evenings and weekends.
- Job holder is frequently under stress from deadlines, most analysts work full-time, and overtime becomes a routine.
Internal Contacts (most frequent contacts):
- Executive Management
- Senior Management
External Contacts (most frequent contacts):
- Service Providers/ Vendors
- Tax Authorities
Purpose of Contact:
- Exchange or provide information
- Obtain, clarify, and discuss information
- Present, discuss information and problems
- Collaborate, negotiate and present ideas
- Deal with, influence or motivate subordinates
- Promote, justify or settle highly sensitive matters
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Managerial Jobs in Nigeria|