Position Title: Technical Officer COVID-19 Vaccination
Supervisor: State Team Lead
The Technical Officer COVID-19 Vaccination, under the supervision of the State Team Lead, is responsible for field activities for rolling out COVID-19 vaccination for the General Population at the respective state levels.
The position is also required to provide technical assistance on monitoring and evaluation, and strategic information feedback to the Government of Nigeria, donors, and other stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Liaise with the State Primary Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA) and State Ministry of Health (SMOH), and other stakeholders to design the operational plan for the project in line with the SCALES 3.0 model.
- Liaise with the State Primary Health Care Development Agency and State Ministry of Health, and other stakeholders to adapt guidelines on COVID-19 vaccine rollout for the general population.
- Conduct training on COVID-19 vaccination and documentation for supported health workers
- Design and implement risk communication and community engagement strategies for the general population in the respective states.
- Support the establishment of COVID-19 situation rooms in the respective SPHCDA
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders at the respective LGA levels to coordinate the rollout of COVID-19 vaccination in their LGAs.
- Ensure complete and qualitative reporting of all COVID-19 vaccinations. Monitor and provide technical assistance to the state government, and other stakeholders using surveillance tools and dashboards.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Must have demonstrable experience working with state-level stakeholders such as SPHCDA and SMOH on core pillars of the COVID-19 response
- Must have strong experience in designing and implementing the continuum of care for COVID-19
- Must have good knowledge of how to adapt existing health services to the COVID-19 situation
- Must have good knowledge of health management information systems used in Nigeria (LAMIS, DHIS 2)
- Must have experience in leading multi-cultural teams
- Demonstrable capacity to work with minimal supervision and under difficult conditions
- Must have a strong understanding of the health systems in the supported States.
- Have demonstrable familiarity with program management.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time to difficult terrain
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Public health degree (Medicine, laboratory science, pharmacy, nursing) or other related degrees with 5-7 years of relevant working experience and understanding of global health security and COVID-19 response.
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of humanitarian integrated health program delivery in resource-constrained settings.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable
|Job Category||Technical Services, Technical Specialist|