Chevening Scholarship 2022 UK is one of the most notable Postgraduate scholarships UK for International Students who want to study in the UK.
This article is a guide on how to get a postgraduate scholarship, requirements, the eligible countries, Selection Criteria, and the Application Process.
We saw that numerous students are nervous about how to get available postgraduate scholarships, so do not panic as we have a lot of testimonies of individuals who used our postgraduate scholarships for international students in the UK application process and ended up being awarded.
CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Delhi Public School Society (DPS) Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- International Baccalaureate Scholarship
- NCUK Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- University of Sheffield Scholarships for International Students
- UBC Scholarships for International Students
- Babson College Presidential Scholarship for International Students
- Clarendon Fund Scholarships for International Students
- Babson College Scholarships
- Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships
- GEMS Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- International School of Choueifat Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
Chevening Scholarship 2022 Requirements
Ineligible applications will be rejected, so it is important that you check that you meet our eligibility criteria before you start your application.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2022.
Otherwise, you are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, all British Embassies/High Commissions, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade and the UKVI), the British Council, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
- Having a master’s degree does not prevent you from applying for a Chevening Award to study for a second master’s degree in the UK, as long as you can clearly explain why it will help you fulfill your career plan to influence positive change in your home country.
- Once submitted, applications undergo an electronic sift against our eligibility criteria. Any applications deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please see the list of common errors here. If you make these errors in your application form, your application will be ineligible. Please note that once your application has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively.
- Relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or step-children, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years.
Chevening Scholarship Eligible Countries
Below are the Chevening Scholarship Eligible Countries:
- Afghanistan (Chevening Scholarship)
- Albania (Chevening Scholarship)
- Algeria (Chevening Scholarship)
- Angola (Chevening Scholarship)
- Anguilla (Chevening Scholarship)
- Antigua and Barbuda (Chevening Scholarship)
- Argentina (Chevening Scholarship)
- Armenia (Chevening Scholarship)
- Australia (Chevening Scholarship)
- Azerbaijan (Chevening Scholarship)
- Bahamas (Chevening Scholarship)
- Bangladesh (Chevening Scholarship)
- Barbados (Chevening Scholarship)
- Belarus (Chevening Scholarship)
- Belize (Chevening Scholarship)
- Benin (Chevening Scholarship)
- Bermuda (Chevening Scholarship)
- Bhutan (Chevening Scholarship)
- Bolivia (Chevening Scholarship)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina (Chevening Scholarship)
- Botswana (Chevening Scholarship)
- Brazil (Chevening Scholarship)
- British Virgin Islands (Chevening Scholarship)
- Brunei (Chevening Scholarship)
- Burkina Faso (Chevening Scholarship)
- Burundi (Chevening Scholarship)
- Cambodia (Chevening Scholarship)
- SEE MORE
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship
To apply for the ongoing Chevening Scholarship, ensure you have read all the presented requirements. and be sure you fit in.
- Next, click here to visit the Chevening Scholarship Portal
- Select your country of citizenship scholarships opening,
- Read the requirements,
- Next, apply for any of the postgraduate scholarships for international students in Chevening UK openings.
- Click here and add your email, to get Latest Scholarships updates.
When is Chevening Scholarship Applications Deadline?
The deadline for applications is 2 November 2022 at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time).
Note: EARLY TO MID-FEBRUARY 2023 APPLICANTS WILL BE SHORTLISTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for the Chevening Scholarships 2023 Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for other financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now.