Do you want to start your study abroad adventure in Japan? Great news! Applications for Japanese Government Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students are currently open. On this page, we will explain in detail this scholarship program, its benefits, and the step-by-step application process.
Japanese Government Scholarships 2022-2023 is a fully-funded master’s scholarship for international students. The Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students, is valued at JPY147,000 and JPY148,000.
The Japanese Government provides scholarship grants and loans to highly motivated students who have difficulty in pursuing their studies for financial reasons. JASSO continually seeks to improve its services by implementing an efficient scholarship loan system that meets various student needs, improving application procedures, enhancing the provision of information about scholarships, and collecting loans in an appropriate manner.
Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) provides scholarships to overseas students, implements international exchange programs, improves admission procedures by administering the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students, etc., and collects and disseminates information on studying abroad.
CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- ADB – Japan Scholarship
- Angela Adams Scholarship
- Mext Scholarship
- Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- JFUNU Scholarships
- GRIPS Scholarships
- Level of Study: Undergraduates, Masters and PhD
- Institution(s): Universities in Japan
- Study in: Japan
- Courses Offered: Those who wish to study in Japan as an undergraduate student must choose a field of major from two major fields: (1) Social Sciences and Humanities and (2) Natural Sciences.
- Program Period: (According to the program).
Japanese Government Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The scholarship includes tuition and other fees, an allowance of 117,000 yen per month, an additional monthly stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 yen may be provided to those undertaking study or research in specially designated regions, and travel costs to and from Japan. Please refer to the official website for full scholarship benefits.
- The scholarship period will last for five years from April 2020 to March 2025, including one-year preparatory education in the Japanese language and other subjects due to be provided upon arrival in Japan.
Eligibility Criteria for Japanese Government Scholarships 2022/2023
(1) Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible. However, persons with dual nationality who hold Japanese nationality and whose place of residence at the time of application is outside of Japan are eligible to apply as long as they choose the nationality of the foreign country and give up their Japanese nationality by the date of their arrival in Japan. Applicant screening will be conducted at the Japanese diplomatic mission in the applicant’s country
(2) Age: Applicants, in principle, must have been born between April 2, 1995 and April 1, 2003.
(3) Academic Background: Applicants must meet one of the following conditions. However, applicants desiring direct placement must satisfy either the following ① or ③ condition.
- Applicants who have completed 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above qualifications by March 2020 are eligible. However, applicants wishing to enroll from the autumn term through direct placement must be expected to complete 12 years of schooling by August 2020.)
- Applicants who have completed their studies at a school equivalent to a Japanese upper secondary school in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above qualifications by March 2020 are eligible.)
- Other than the above 1 and 2 conditions, applicants who are eligible for enrollment in a Japanese university at the time of application.
(4) Japanese Language: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan after arriving in Japan. In addition, in principle, applicants must be willing to carry out their academic studies in Japan in Japanese.
(5) Health: Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
(7) Arrival in Japan: In principle, applicants must be able to arrive in Japan between the 1st and 7th of April 2020. If an applicant is to enroll in his/her university from the fall semester through direct placement, he/she must be able to arrive in Japan during the period specified by the accepting university within two weeks before and after the starting date of the university’s relevant academic term for that year.
(7) Visa Requirement: An applicant shall, in principle, obtain a “Student” visa at the Japanese diplomatic mission located in the applicant’s country of nationality, and enter Japan with the residence status of “Student.”
How to Apply for Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2022/2023
To apply for the ongoing Japanese Government Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students, ensure you have read all the presented requirements. and be sure you fit in.
- Click here to visit the Japanese Government Scholarships Application Portal.
- Next, click here to visit our Japan Scholarships Application Portal.
- Select your choice for the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Openings,
- Read the requirements,
- Next, apply for any of the the Japanese Government Scholarships 2022 openings.
- Click here and add your email, to get Latest Scholarships updates.
When is the Japanese Government Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students Application Deadline?
The application deadlines for Japanese Government Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students are as follows:
- Six Weeks from the date of publication.
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for Japanese Government Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students 2022/2023 Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for other financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now.