Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer – Information Technology
- The Breakthrough Action Nigeria (BA-Nigeria) Admin Officer – IT provides information technology services for the BA project
- This position will be responsible for ensuring BA ICT infrastructure complies with corporate standards and ensures security and access control for data and network devices, responding to user support issues in a timely manner and implementing hardware, network and application support functions in line with policies of JHPHINI Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws.
Position’s Roles & Interactions
- This position will interact heavily with all BA staff. The position will have lead responsibility for all IT aspects of the projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Ability to set up Microsoft Outlook user account, troubleshoot and resolve issues affixed to Microsoft Productivity Tools.
- Technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer and telecommunication systems (Mac and Windows OS), software, and hardware either in person or over the phone by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
- Monitoring and maintaining organization’s internet/network systems to ensure the right bandwidth is being provided by the Internet Provider.
- Update appropriate network security and data loss prevention procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users and damage to data.
- Knowledge of Windows Server (2003 and 2012 R2).
- Resolving connectivity issues affixed to network components like printers, scanners and photocopying machines.
- Ensures that global/country-level policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Work with HR and ERP vendor on all aspects of the HR ERP.
- Briefs, advises and trains end-users on the organization’s ICT systems.
- Performing In-house and Cloud based backup operations, and support users in backing up and restoring their data as well as virus detection, removal and prevention
- Create and maintain Break-through Action Nigeria computer software/hardware inventory ensuring security of all in-house and field-based computer systems.
- Writing technical manuals and training of computer users.
- Modification and Hosting of Website/Web based Applications
- Uploading Multi-media materials to live server for URL Access
- Updating websites information.
- Handling Intercommunication System (e.g. Polycom Conference Phones) and other technological tools and products
- Installing software, modifying and repairing computer hardware
- Resolving technical problems affixed to Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other network systems
- Resolving financial QuickBooks Errors.
- Clearing printer paper jamming issues, toner replacements, etc.
- Detection of genuine IT components.
- Experience on Managing Corporate websites e.g. uploading and managing information, ensuring content is up-to-date, setting permission for site users, quality assurance checks and monitoring and maintaining SharePoint etc.
- Work closely with BA-Nigeria HQ Nigeria Team to ensure smooth operation of all IT related matters. Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Other duties as identified and assigned by Supervisor & BA-Nigeria Project Director
- Minimum of BSc in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with a USAID funded Project/ International organisation
- At least 5 years related experience in server support and familiarity with diverse Operating Systems; experience with commonly used productivity software products (MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite); experience with Cloud Computing Platforms (Office 365, Gmail, etc.) MS Visual Studio and other development suites; ability to work independently in a complex environment with minimal supervision; excellent communication skills.
Application Closing Date
16th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the e-mail. e.g. “Administrative Officer – Information Technology, Abuja”.
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria|