Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications and Advocacy Officer
Location: Abt Associates, Abuja, NG
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Business Operations
- The Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Project is a 5-year, $209 million global task order that works to strengthen health systems as a means to achieve universal health coverage and improve population health and well-being. Interventions will focus on reducing financial barriers, holding health services accountable for meeting all clients’ needs and making sure that the care patients receive meets minimum standards.
- LHSS’s Nigeria activity will support the Government of Nigeria in three states (Nasarawa, Plateau and Zamfara) to expand sustainable pro-poor health financing options to reduce health inequalities, improve access to essential health services for the most vulnerable populations, and increase government expenditure on health services for greater sustainability of health service delivery.
- The project will also support HIV/AIDS and TB financing in Lagos State. The activity has five objectives:
- Increase financial risk protection
- Improve population health coverage
- Increase number of fully functional facilities
- Increase utilization of state health insurance schemes for HIV/AIDS and TB services
- Increase government funding for HIV/AIDs and TB services
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Communications and Advocacy Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the COP and LHSS Home Office team, develop a communications strategy and communications products such as success stories, newsletter articles, web updates, stories and features for internal and external dissemination.
- Identify effective communication dissemination strategies (print, audiovisual, social media) for diverse audiences and develop communication materials on key project objectives and achievements, including the development of material to support state and national level advocacy efforts. Coordinate these efforts with LHSS Home Office communication teams to ensure branding and marking compliance.
- Contribute to preparing and finalization of key presentations and deliverables including work plans, quarterly and annual reports, PowerPoint slides, and other technical products/reports, providing formatting and editing support for all products. This may include collecting input from various team members and combining them into a single product.
- Lead the planning and organization of national or state level events (workshops, conference etc.) on health financing and any necessary, related coordination with other development partners
- Support technical components of project meetings, workshops, and trainings, in collaboration with the finance and operations teams; this may include finalizing agendas, compiling participant resources, sending invitations, and managing the participant list.
- Bachelor’s Degree + Five years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Three years of relevant experience, or PhD
- Experience with international development and donor-funded programs is preferred. Familiarity with USAID-funded projects will be an advantage.
- Eagerness to learn about and grow in the field of health system strengthening is preferred.
- Proven professional knowledge of MS Office applications and appropriate organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online