We are recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Intern
Contract: Long term
Responsible to: Communications Coordinator
Line Management: None
- The Intern position is an opportunity offered by ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) for young graduates to earn a post NYSC experience.
- It is therefore both a learning and value-adding relationship between interns and AAN.
- The intern is expected to take advantage of the space offered for experience gathering, self-development, while providing quality service to ActionAid Nigeria.
- The Communications Intern will be responsible for assigned communications roles including supporting the execution of the organisation’s communications strategy, social media strategy, managing organisation’s prioritised social media channels – including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and LinkedIn.
- S/he will liaise with the Communications Coordinator in providing support for the different thematic functions at AAN on publications, social media, publicity & press relations to drive the advocacy arm of AAN.
Support Campaigns and Communications activities:
- Provide support and participate in campaign activities directly handled in the unit
- Provide support and participate in all inter-thematic policy advocacy and campaign initiatives
- Provide support and participate in monitoring, documentation, dissemination and encouragement of critical debate, and mainstreaming of public policy advocacy.
- Support case study collections related to policy and campaigns works.
Social Media Community Management:
- Work on the organisation’s social media platforms
- Work with the Communications Coordinator on all AAN online activities
- Work on seamless linkages of the organisation’s social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube LinkedIn and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements
- Monitoring and replying to communications on the platforms under the guidance of Communications Coordinator.
- Posting information, uploading photos and videos on the platforms daily or as is directed by Communications Coordinator.
- Make use of relevant tools like Tweet Deck to plan for weekends and holidays; LinkedIn polls and surveys to build our social media footprint and reputation; and other tools like SlideShare, YouTube, Paper. Li, Scribd, Reddit, Digg and StumbleUpon.
- Work with relevant teams and projects’ leads to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g. uploading photos to Flickr, videos to YouTube, etc)
- Perform any other assigned responsibilities as it relates to the Communications hub and implementation of AAN Communications Strategy.
Education / Qualifications
- First Degree in Mass Communication or any relevant field.
- Membership of relevant professional Institute
- Relevant NYSC experience in the related fields is essential.
- Knowledge of the social media platforms
- Content production; video, graphics design and photography experience is essential
- Experience working in Digital and Mainstream Media sector is desirable
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Good computer skills especially in the use of publishing tools
- Multi-tasking skills is essential
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills is essential
- Content production / Photography skills
- A person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission, values and objectives
- Internal Relationships: Entire AAN staff
- External Relationships: Media, Communications Consultants/service providers, CSOs, relevant Government agencies and partners.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment.
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send in an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location (e.g “Communications Intern – Abuja”) as the subject of the email.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- Applications from women and candidates from the Northeast and Northwest are particularly encouraged
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.
|Job Category||Media / Broadcasting / Journalism / Content Writing / Editing / Mass Communication Jobs in Nigeria|