Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organization in Nigeria, implementing programmes in malaria prevention, and treatment, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, new-born, and child health care. SFH ignites the power of health system thinking and market shaping to transform health outcomes.
We are recruiting passionate, self-motivated, and highly qualified individuals to fill the underlisted vacant position, in response to organizational expansion:
Job Title: Finance & Accounts Manager
Job ID: sfh-08153
Employment Type: Full-time
- An emerging pan African organization, we provide a partnership platform to communities, donors, the private sector and government to co-create and implement actions that create real and measurable impact at individual, family, society and country levels. In a career at SFH, you will be the centre of making all these happen.
- You will be joining a team of problem solvers, with real passion to change the world in a fast-paced environment.
- We are a truly Nigerian rooted organization with global standards and a diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive, and collaborative – and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
- This position will be responsible for managing all financial and operational aspects of the assigned grants to ensure that financial operations for the project supports the achievement of overall project objectives.
- This position will be responsible for monitoring project finances, preparing cash requests, reviewing and posting transactions into the ERP financial system, preparing project budgets, managing financial reporting to clients, ensuring adherence to funder rules and regulations as well as legal and regulatory compliance, coordinating with headquarters on financial information required on the project, providing financial technical assistance to develop the capacity of partner organizations and acting as a resource for project staff on finance-related issues.
- The individual in this position must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment; demonstrating both, the autonomy and collaboration skills needed to advance SFH’s purpose and the leadership to inspire confidence of all internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Budget and program management – facilitate budget preparation, spend realisation, and guidance on budget performance.
- Preparation of Donor and management Reports
- Attend to Donor Audits and other Financial Reviews
- Oversight on postings of financial transactions and bank reconciliations
- Finance operations – ensure completeness of financial transactions and documentation to support accuracy of reported information.
- Cash management – guarantee adequate cash management and planning for servicing of project activities on the field.
- Provide appropriate support to the Project Director and State Lead on Administrative matters.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Finance / Accounting or a related course.
- Possession of a minimum of 7 years of progressive professional experience.
- Possession of either the ACA or ACCA qualification will be an added advantage.
- Possession of an MBA will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Good experience in the use of accounting softwares
- Experience in the use of SAP ERP is an added advantage.
- Field campaign administration/payments management
- Strong Strategic/Analytical skills
- Good communication Skills
- Strong Financial Accounting Skills
- Budget Management Skills
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Application Closing Date
8th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.