We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Equality & Social Inclusion Intern
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Contract Length: 12 Months
Reports to: SPC – Governance
Salary Band: H
- The internship programme in Christian Aid Nigeria is designed to provide on the job training across programme management, people skills, research and data gathering, communications and work ethics.
- The programme enhances the educational experience of interns through practical and guided hands-on exposure, involvement in Christian Aid Nigeria’s development projects, exposure to the working environment of a multilateral organization and a better understanding of Christian Aid Nigeria’s goals and activities.
- Christian Aid in its various interventions have committed to addressing Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) as a key aspect of CA’s strategy and an approach to achieving its core vision.
- Gender equality and social inclusion workstream/team is the institutional anchor of CA’s work, that provides policy advice and technical support to all of CA’s programme and leadership on how to mainstream an inclusive gender culture and promote such gender standards across all areas of their work.
- With the support from the Senior Programme Coordinator for Governance, the GESI workstream/Team seeks to hire one intern. The role will support CA Nigeria’s Gender and Social Inclusion work, by supporting staff and partners to effectively mainstreaming GESI strategies into project implementation, and support capacity building were necessary.
Under the direct supervision of the SPC Governance and in collaboration with the and other team members of the program and of the base, the Gender Equality & Social Inclusion Intern will:
- Demonstrate capacity to support CA’s focus on the integration of GESI in programme areas.
- Ensure compliance with reporting requirements and guidelines; and contribution made to other team members in the development and implementation of partner and staff capacity development sessions.
- Develop positive relationships with staff and partners through effective communication.
- Create strong linkages between partner work and Christian Aid’s commitment to gender equality and social inclusion.
- Strengthen and promote CA’s GESI work through learning & knowledge sharing among staff and partners.
- Review or update GESI documents and monitoring tools.
- Strengthen country-level programme compliance to global GESI standards.
- Other tasks/duties as required.
- External Relationship with CA’s project partners: Represents CA and the programme externally with partners, other NGOs, CS groups, and other agencies. Monitor programmes and projects in line with CA’s GESI strategy.
- Internal: The position is line managed by the Senior Programme Officer, Governance and is strongly linked with the Communications team, finance team, humanitarian programme, governance programme and health programmes. Maintains excellent relationship.
Applied Skills / Knowledge and Expertise
- Education qualification: University Degree or equivalent in International Development, Gender Studies, Development Studies or Social Science related fields
- Knowledge of developmental issues within the global and national levels
- Relevant experience of similar task and responsibilities, including administration
- Project experience – especially on research and analysis; and financial procedures
- Experience (1 -2 years) in implementing gender programmes.
- Good knowledge of political and religious context especially in Nigeria.
- Understanding of partnership approach to international development.
- Understanding of gender and other forms of exclusion.
- Network and alliance building.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2022.
11th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
|Job Category||Diplomacy / Legal Affairs / International Relations Jobs in Nigeria|