Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information and Communications Technology Supervisor
Job Code: LS03302
Location: Abuja, with frequent visits to field offices
Working Hours: 208 working hours per month
Contract Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Salary Scale Level: 6
- Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the systems and communications’ software and hardware in the mission, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment.
- Monitor, maintain and follow up on all Information Technology (IT) and Telecom equipment, tools and services in the mission.
- Adapt and ensure compliance of general IT and Telecom policies, guidelines, and documents in order to meet mission’s specific needs, as well as ensuring their implementation to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions upon validation from the Logistics Coordinator;
- Prepare and collaborate in the establishment of the annual budget of the IT and Telecom families.
- Providing his/her technical expertise in the local purchase process.
- Supervise, implement and improve data security protocols (data saving, firewall, user access right, backup, equipment and software security, etc.)
- Provide advanced technical support to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems.
- When needed, liaise with HQ Technical Referent(s) for 2nd line support, as well as with external providers;
- Providing educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to all users including Logistics experts that deal with IT and Telecom systems;
- Participate in regular reports at coordination level in accordance with MSF guidelines
- Update and archive all user and ICT related documentation when due
- Perform any other tasks specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager.
- University Degree or Technical School Diploma.
- Certification in network or server administration would be an asset.
- Preferably 2 years of proven experience in IT or technical functions
- Mission language essential.
- Expertise in latest version of Microsoft Operating System and business applications (Office365)
- Understanding of Server Management (latest version of Microsoft Operating System,
- Active directory) and virtualization (Hyper-V)
- Good knowledge in Network Administration (LAN, VLAN, network policies and protocols)
- Good knowledge of computer’s hardware and maintenance process, IT security best practices and IT service management tools (ITSM)
- Understanding of radio telecommunication concept (HF, VHF, GSM, satellite)
- Teaching and supporting skills.
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disabilities to Apply
|Job Category||Information Technology / ICT, IT / ICT (Tech./Web Dev./Software Eng./Systems Mgt/Programmimg/Engineering) Jobs in Nigeria|