African Union (AU) is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Policy Officer – Mediation (PAPS)
Requisition ID: 1576
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Division: Conflict Management
Reports to: Principal Mediation Support Officer
Directorate / Department: PAPS
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P2
Contract Type: Regular
About African Union (AU): The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
- Bachelor’s Degree in political science, international relations, mediation, peace and conflict studies, international economics, law, public administration, or other related social sciences studies, with 5 years relevant experience Or
- Master’s Degree in similar studies with 2 years relevant experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong drafting skill
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work across business units / geographies; cultural sensitive environment
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Gender Mainstreaming: The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
13th February, 2023.
|Job Category||Social Policy, Innovation, Programme Management, Research, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Jobs in Nigeria|