United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Control Officer
Locations: Abuja, Enugu, Port Harcourt – Rivers, Bayelsa, Maiduguri – Borno, Benue, Jos – Plateau, Kogi, Kano, Ebonyi, Bauchi, Sokoto and Lagos
Employment Type: Permanent
- We are looking for Regional Control Officers in Enugu, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Kano, and Sokoto. Our ideal candidates must have knowledge of financial accounting and audit with at least 4 years of experience from a bank, audit, or consulting firm.
- To ensure the business office operations are in line with the Bank’s internal policies, and regulatory policies.
- Assist business offices with compliance and regulatory issues, and provide counseling when required.
- Improve control and awareness culture in the business offices.
- Ensure that the ambience of the business office is maintained and kept customer-friendly at all times.
- Monitor and ensure that open items in the GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the products recorded in them.
- Ensure integrity of transactions in business offices, and report deviations/anomalies immediately.
- Identify control lapses/policy breaches through control activities for process improvement/policy amendments.
- Escalate cases of fraud, customer complaints, and staff disciplinary issues to the Area Control Manager, or responsible department.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and ACA or ACCA.
- Minimum of 4 years experience from a bank, audit, or consulting firm.
- Good knowledge of accounting and auditing.
- Basic financial knowledge.
- Knowledge of the banking sector, trends, and policies of financial regulators in Nigeria – CBN, NDIC.
- Knowledge of the UBA’s banking policies, processes, and procedures.
- Relationship management – should be able to maintain a customer-friendly disposition at all times.
- Supervisory, and Investigation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain a high level of awareness at all times.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Problem solver.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online