Position Title: Senior Technical Advisor, Knowledge Management and Learning
Supervisor: Technical Director, Implementation
Under the direction of the Technical Director, Implementation, the STA Knowledge Management and Learning will coordinate the HIV surveillance activities across all supported states including ongoing submission of datasets and reports as required with the relevant authorities; maintain and work to modernize the HIV surveillance and laboratory systems; to ensure compete and timely information to the partner organizations providing services for people living with HIV; and provide technical assistance to health care providers, other professionals, and the general public. S/he would also provide support to the National and State Agencies for Control of AIDs for the monitoring and evaluation of the respective state-wide HIV surveillance system, specifically in the areas of cluster and outbreak detection and response.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically. Knowledge of National HIV/AIDS program and ability to understand full range of issues around treatment, care and support programming Knowledge of Nigerian health care delivery setting, including government and non-government settings. Ability to communicate scientific and epidemiological principles in the field of HIV/AIDS epidemiology Deep knowledge in best practice of monitoring and evaluating HIV/AIDS programming, experience in monitoring and evaluating prevention and care and support programming Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV/AIDS Ability to evaluate projects and implement best practices for improved training and service delivery Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance. Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary project teams in international settings Excellent written and oral communication skills. Familiar with public health surveillance and research software. Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- MB.BS/MD or similar degree with 5 – 7 years relevant experience with at least 7 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria.
- STD/HIV/Hepatitis surveillance experience including investigations and informing data-driven prevention activities
- A degree in Public Health or any relevant Social Sciences with 9-11 years relevant experience working in the health and development sector.
- Data analysis experience with SAS software maintaining and evaluating a large disease surveillance system
- Experience using statistical computer languages such as SQL, Stata, to manipulate data, query databases, and draw insights from large data sets.
- Document lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to donor guidelines, and archive research-related data and programs.
|Job Category||NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria, Technical Services, Technical Specialist|