Welcome to the Information about Kosovo Visa – Requirements & How to Apply page. If you are here to learn more about Kosovo Visa? Then you’re at the right place.
Kosovo is a fertile plain surrounded by high mountains with a central spine of rolling hills cutting the flatlands in two.
Kosovo is still not part of the Schengen visa treaty or part of the European Union. As a result, this makes it more difficult to access Kosovo in comparison to other countries in Europe.
The requirements for a Kosovo visa will mostly vary depending on where you are from, so before you plan your trip, make sure you contact a Kosovo mission abroad to get accurate information.
Do I Need a Visa for Kosovo?
Visitors from these countries will need a visa in order to enter Kosovo legally:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Côte D’Ivoire
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Dominician Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- Guinea Bissau
- North Korea
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Republic of Moldova
- Russian Federation
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Chinese Taipei
Visitors from these countries will also need a transit visa if they have to use Kosovo as a transit zone during their travels.
Cases Exempt From Kosovo Visa
There are some special occasions where specific visitors from these countries won’t need a visa in order to visit Kosovo:
- Visitors who hold a valid biometric residence permit provided by a Schengen member state can visit Kosovo visa-free for 15 days.
- Visitors who have a valid multiple-entry Schengen visa are allowed to stay without a visa in Kosovo for 15 days.
- Visitors who have a diplomatic or service passport issued by China, Russia, Ukraine, Indonesia, Egypt can stay for up to 15 days without a visa in Kosovo.
- Visitors who have travel documents issued by Taiwan are exempt from a Kosovo visa provided they notify the Consular Mission of Kosovo 2 weeks before they plan to visit.
- Visitors who possess travel documents issued by an EU member state, Schengen state, United States of America, Australia, Japan, and Canada based on refugee status or stateless person can travel visa-free in Kosovo for up to 15 days.
- Visitors who hold valid travel documents issued by Special Administrative Regions of People’s Republic of China; Hong Kong and Macao can travel visa-free to Kosovo.
- Visitors who hold Laissez-Passer passes, issued by United Nations Organizations, NATO, OSCE, Council of Europe, and European Union no matter what their nationality is, are exempted from obtaining a visa.
What Are the Requirements for a Kosovo Visa?
When you apply for a Kosovo visa, you have to submit the following documents:
- Kosovo visa application form. Fill in the application form with the most accurate information, and don’t forget to sign it. Minors or anyone else traveling with you will need a separate visa form.
- Travel document. A copy of your travel documents (passport, Laissez-Passer, etc.) containing two blank pages must be attached to your application, and they must be valid for three months after you depart Kosovo.
- Recent picture. You must attach a recent identity photograph following the visa photograph instructions.
- Personal statement. You have to provide a letter where you state the reason for your visit, how long you plan to stay, and where you will visit during your stay.
- Financial statement. Attached to your application should be a financial statement proving that you are able to finance your stay in Kosovo.
- Proof that you intend to leave before your visa expires. You need to provide documents that prove you will return to your country before your visa expires. These documents could be a letter from your employer, a reserved flight ticket, a letter stating that you have a business back home, and so on.
- Health insurance. Valid travel insurance for the territory of Kosovo is obligatory. Your insurance must cover any type of medical issues or emergencies during your stay in Kosovo.
- You must provide evidence that you have secured a place to stay during your stay. Your accommodation could be either a hotel, private housing, or rental agreement.
- Paid visa fee. Provide a copy of your receipt that you paid the required fee for the visa.
Your documents should be either in Albanian, English, or Serbian. If they are not then please make sure you have them translated by a verified translator. Some documents may need to be legalized, the embassy/consulate will let you know.
*Please note that there must be two copies of each document.
Kosovo Visa Fee
The fee for the Kosovo visa application is €40. However, the visa fee may be waived when:
- The visitor is a child under 6 years old.
- The visitor holds a diplomatic passport.
- The visitors are children and teachers on educational trips.
How to Apply for a Kosovo Visa?
The application process for a Kosovo visa is as follows:
- Get your documents ready.
- Pay the application fee.
- Reserve a date at the embassy.
- Submit your application.
Other Related Visas
- Schengen Visa – All You Need to Know
- Turkey Visa – Applications and Guidelines
- Apply for UK Student Visa Application 2022
- USA Visa Application 2022
- Cyprus Visa Application 2021 & Requirements
- Austria Visa – Requirements, Fees & How to Apply
- France Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Germany Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Belarus Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Bulgaria Visa Application, Visa types, Requirements & How to Apply
- Travel Insurance for International Travelers, Students, Workers, and Immigrants
- Croatia Visa Application, Visa types, Requirements & How to Apply
- Finland Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Georgia Visa – Application & Guidelines
- Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships 2022 Application Portal
- Bristol University Think Big Scholarships 2022 – Application Guidelines
- Greece Visa – Application and Guidelines
- Iceland Visa Applications and Requirements
- Ireland Visa – Policy, Requirements and How to Apply
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for Kosovo Visa – Requirements, Fees & How to Apply Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now