United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Representative, D1
Reference ID: JR2204679
Employment Type: Full Time
Hardship Level: C
Staff Member / Affiliate Type: Professional
About UNHCR: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
- For D1 – 17 years relevant experience with Undergraduate Degree; or 16 years relevant experience with Graduate Degree; or 15 years relevant experience with Doctorate Degree.
Field(s) of Education:
- Business Administration, International Relations, Law, Political Science, Social Science, or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses:
- HCR Learning Prog;
- HCR Managing Operatns Lrng Prg;
- HCR Protection Learning Prg.
Relevant Job Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of UNHCR operations and services. Extensive knowledge of UNHCR operations and services.
- A high level of skill in management of broad programmes, political decision making and negotiating, as well as demonstrated tolerance to frequently changing and highly charged situations.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, change processes, results-based management and reporting.
- Ability to lead formulation, oversight of implementation, monitoring and evaluation of operations.
- Ability to manage for results: translates strategic aims into achievable plans, with established priorities, monitors them, making periodic adjustments as required.
- Ability to effectively represent UNHCR at the senior level in internal and external meetings and to build strong relationships with clients.
- Knowledge of geo-political realities and their socio-cultural implications.
- MG-Client Relationship Management
- MG-Change Management
- PG-Programme Management (project formulation, programme cycles and reporting standards)
- PG-Results-Based Management
- UN-UN/UNHCR Inter-agency Policies, Standards, Programmes, and Partnerships
- UN-UN/UNHCR Mandate and Global Strategic Priorities
- MG-Field Operations Management
- MG-Political Decision Making
- MG-Country/Regional Office Representation
- UN-Analysis of geo-political realities and their socio-cultural implications.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
.Application Closing Date
15th December, 2022.
|Job Category||Public Relation / Liaison / Arbitrator / Representative Jobs in Nigeria|