Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
Job Location: Abuja
Employment Status Full-Time
- The Senior Finance Manager (SFM) reports to the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) and will be responsible for providing the sound financial management oversight over assigned projects.
- S/He will oversee local financial, compliance and contractual aspects of assigned projects and work closely with DFO and project staff to ensure accurate financial and contractual reporting of projects.
- The SFM will ensure that the financial reports are compatible with standard accounting practices and follow Jhpiego and USAID rules and regulations.
- S/He will be responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficient spending and for implementing and maintaining an on-site financial accounting and book-keeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of project financial operations.
- Financial planning, budgeting and reporting for assigned Jhpiego active projects.
- Provide guidance to the program teams (including sub-awardees) regarding the financial requirements of projects
- Perform sub-award field monitoring visits and capacity building as needed
- Implements and oversees accurate financial reporting and reimbursement process in accordance with Jhpiego’s established financial system.
- Prepares monthly financial report by using the agency’s finance software, i.e. QuickBooks Enterprise (QBE) and ensure accuracy and timely submission to HQ.
- Use various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphic packages to assemble, analyze, and format data and/or reports
- Ensure financial management systems provides accurate, current, and complete disclosure of financial transactions
- Closely monitors cash flow and assures budgets are followed so spending is on track
- Designs and implements sound internal controls by implementing recommendations from compliance reviews
- Implements and guide staff on policies and procedures and lead trainings, as needed
- Reviews disbursements and payroll for authenticity and accuracy
- Provides assistance, as needed, to local sub grantees on financial compliance and reporting
- Prepare accurate budgets, track expenses, ensure that required financial controls and cost-performance monitoring mechanisms are in place and adhered to
- Prevents over or under-expenditure of budgets,
- Ensures proper safeguards of funds and ensures compliance with established USG and Jhpiego’s global financial, accounting and administrative procedures.
- Leads the development, monitoring, and review of project budgets
- Reviews monthly financial analysis and budget vs expense reports to determine reasonableness of variances and take appropriate actions, as required
- Ensures reasonableness of financial projections
- Makes in-country budget adjustments and other cost improvement measures, as required.
- Ensure sufficient funds are available at all times to meet project needs
- Reviews monthly bank reconciliations to ensure balance sheet reconciles to organizational financial records
- Serves as part of Jhpiego’s liaison with banking officials
- Ensure financial records are properly maintained and readily available during audits and all third-party reviews such as those by donors and regulatory bodies
- Ensure that in-country legal and statutory requirements (i.e. VAT/Tax reporting, filing tax returns, pension remittances etc.) are fully complied with
- Reviews, reconciles and monitors all project accounts, including major program operating accounts
- Determines updated monthly project accruals and projections to support forecasting accuracy and program completion, as required.
- Ensures sound accounting records are available with sound document retention system in place at all time
- Regularly reviews accounting transactions within delegated authority to ensure costs are allowable and reasonable
- Regularly reviews QBE: review of balance sheet, aging analysis, detailed GL, expenditure by Internal Order Numbers (IONs) etc
- Review monthly QBE replenishment request
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Finance and Operations to ensure proper project and financial reporting, spending and compliance with project terms and conditions.
- Ensure that USAID and other donors’ resources are appropriately directed to program priorities and are in line with program work plans.
- Serve as a resource person for non-finance staff on USAID, JHU and Jhpiego rules and policy.
- Provides financial and line management oversight to finance officers in Abuja office and technical support to finance teams in field offices.
- Preforms other projects related activities as assigned by the supervisor
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
- MBA in Accounting or professional qualification (CPA, ACCA or recognized equivalent) is required.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in financial accounting.
- Previous work within an International NGO at managerial level
- Knowledge of institutional donors (United Nations, USAID/CDC, DFID, etc.) regulations, procedures and requirements a plus.
- Hands-on experience in using QuickBooks accounting software
- Experience in using budget management software for analysis and reports
|Job Category||Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria, Managerial Jobs in Nigeria|