Welcome to the Information about Netherlands Visa – Requirements & How to Apply page. If you are here to learn more about the Netherlands Visa? Then you’re at the right place.
The Netherlands is a small country in Western Europe, with a rich cultural tradition, great higher education, and an open-minded and pioneering people.
In order to visit the Netherlands, certain nationalities may have to apply for a Netherlands Schengen visa – also known as a short-stay visa or a C-visa for the Netherlands.
A Dutch Schengen visa allows the holder to visit any of the countries in the Schengen area, including the Netherlands, and remain there for up to 90 days within a six-month period.
In a nutshell, if you are granted a Schengen visa for the Netherlands, you can freely travel to all the other Schengen-area countries as well.
Do I need to apply for a Dutch Visa
Whether you will need a Dutch visa to enter the Netherlands depends on a number of factors, including your nationality, the length of stay, and your destination.
If you are a national of a Schengen area country, you do not need a visa to enter the Netherlands.
Citizens from the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), or Switzerland can also travel freely to the Netherlands without a visa or a residence permit.
If you are not a national of the country exempt from a Netherlands visa, you will need a short-stay or Schengen Visa for the Netherlands.
If you want to remain in the Netherlands for more than 90 days, even if you are exempt from a visa, you will need to apply for a long-stay visa, also called a provisional residence permit (MVV).
On the other hand, if you are a citizen of an EU/EEA country or a Swiss national, you do not need a Dutch visa or residence permit for long-stay, but you will be required to register with the local authorities.
Steps to Apply for Netherlands Visa
The Netherlands application process goes as follows:
- Check if you need to apply for a Dutch Visa.
- Know the type of Netherlands visa you need.
- Determine where to submit your application.
- Determine when to submit your application.
- Book a Netherlands visa appointment.
- Complete the Netherlands visa application form.
- Gather the necessary documents for a Dutch visa application.
- Attend your visa interview.
- Pay the Netherlands visa fee.
Netherlands Visa Fees
You may also have to pay additional administrative fees or a fee to legalize a sponsor’s signature back in the Netherlands.
Those exempt from a Dutch visa application fee include:
- children under six years of age.
- an academic researcher.
- a family member of EU/EEA/Swiss citizens.
- students or teachers traveling for study or training purposes.
- people under 25 who are traveling to partake in non-profit organizational events.
Types of Netherlands Visa
- The Netherlands Student visa, which can be issued to students accepted into higher education institutions in the Netherlands.
- Netherlands Work visa or Dutch work permit which allows someone to live and work in the Netherlands without being a resident.
- Netherlands visa for Au Pairs allows the holder to stay in the country for up to one year and perform light chores for a household.
- The Netherlands working holiday visas allow youngsters from certain countries to live and work in the Netherlands for up to one year.
- The Netherlands family reunion visa allows family members of Dutch residents to join them in the Netherlands.
- The Netherlands Startup and Self Employment visa allows people to go to the Netherlands and start a business.
Other Related Visas
- Schengen Visa – All You Need to Know
- Turkey Visa – Applications and Guidelines
- Apply for UK Student Visa Application 2022
- USA Visa Application 2022
- Cyprus Visa Application 2021 & Requirements
- Austria Visa – Requirements, Fees & How to Apply
- France Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Germany Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Belarus Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Bulgaria Visa Application, Visa types, Requirements & How to Apply
- Travel Insurance for International Travelers, Students, Workers, and Immigrants
- Croatia Visa Application, Visa types, Requirements & How to Apply
- Finland Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Georgia Visa – Application & Guidelines
- Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships 2022 Application Portal
- Bristol University Think Big Scholarships 2022 – Application Guidelines
- Greece Visa – Application and Guidelines
- Iceland Visa Applications and Requirements
- Ireland Visa – Policy, Requirements and How to Apply
- Kosovo Visa – Application Requirements, Procedures, and Guidelines
- Moldova Visa – Application, Visa Policy, Requirements, Types of Visas and Fees
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for Netherlands Visa – Requirements, Fees & How to Apply Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now