Sir Sze-yuen Chung Postgraduate Merit Scholarship 2022 in UK is one of the most notable Postgraduate scholarships UK for International Students who want to study in the UK at the University of Sheffield.
This article is a guide on how to get a Taiwan scholarship for students in the UK, requirements, the eligible countries, Selection Criteria, and the Application Process.
We saw that numerous students are nervous about how to get available university of Sheffield scholarships for international students, so do not panic as we have a lot of testimonies of individuals who used our UK Masters scholarships for international students application process and ended up being awarded.
- 1 Sir Sze-yuen Chung Postgraduate Merit Scholarship 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- 2 CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- 3 How to Apply for Sir SY Chung Scholarship 2022
- 4 When is the Sir Sze-yuen Chung Postgraduate Merit Scholarship Application Deadline?
- 5 University of Sheffield Scholarship Selection Criteria
- 6 Sir SY Chung Scholarship Award Criteria
Sir Sze-yuen Chung Postgraduate Merit Scholarship 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- You must hold an offer to study a full-time or part-time postgraduate taught course at the University of Sheffield.
- Your programme must commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2022.
- You must be a national of or permanently domiciled in Hong Kong.
- Distance learning courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Master programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- All Crossways and Erasmus Mundus courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and required to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- For scholarship purposes, all MArch programs are considered postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for undergraduate scholarships.
- Anyone studying a Masters/integrated PhD program is eligible for a merit scholarship in the Masters element of the programme only.
- These scholarships are not applicable to any postgraduate courses where the higher clinical fee is applicable, this includes, but is not exclusive to the following courses:
- DClinDent Orthodontics
- MClinDent in Orthodontics
- DClinDent Endodontics
- MClinDent in Paediatric Dentistry
- DClinDent Periodontics
- MMedSci in Diagnostic Oral Pathology
- DClinDent Prosthodontics
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provision.
CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Delhi Public School Society (DPS) Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- International Baccalaureate Scholarship
- NCUK Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- University of Sheffield Scholarships for International Students
- UBC Scholarships for International Students
- Babson College Presidential Scholarship for International Students
- Clarendon Fund Scholarships for International Students
- Babson College Scholarships
- Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships
- GEMS Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- International School of Choueifat Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships
- International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship
- University of Sheffield Africa Scholarship
- Gaza-Palestine Postgraduate Taught Scholarship
- Intake Education Taiwan Scholarship
How to Apply for Sir SY Chung Scholarship 2022
You can apply for this scholarship through an online application form and is accessed via MUSE (our online portal for applicants). If you are eligible, you’ll receive an email inviting you to apply after you have been offered a place on a course at The University of Sheffield. You will also be considered for a range of other scholarships by applying through the same form.
To apply for the ongoing Sir Sze-yuen Chung Postgraduate Merit Scholarship, ensure you have read all the presented requirements. and be sure you fit in.
- Next, click here to visit the University of Sheffield Africa Scholarship Portal.
- Select your University of Sheffield Masters scholarship openings,
- Read the requirements,
- Next, apply for any of the postgraduate scholarships for international students in UK openings.
- Click here and add your email, to get Latest Scholarships updates.
When is the Sir Sze-yuen Chung Postgraduate Merit Scholarship Application Deadline?
- Applications are now open.
- The deadline for Sir Sze-yuen Chung Postgraduate Merit scholarship applications is 13:00 (UK time) on Monday 16 May 2022.
- Scholarship results will be announced by 16:00 (UK time) on Monday 13 June 2022.
University of Sheffield Scholarship Selection Criteria
This is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful. A panel of senior members of staff will select the strongest applications and will be looking for the following:
- Applicant has provided a clear rationale for applying for a course at the University of Sheffield.
- Applicant has clearly articulated their future ambitions, and these goals relate to the degree they have applied for.
- Applicant has a strong academic profile.
Sir SY Chung Scholarship Award Criteria
- You must commence your programme at the University of Sheffield in September 2022.
- The Sir SY Chung Scholarship 2022 cannot be awarded in conjunction with any of the following scholarships:
- International Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2022
- International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship 2022
- NCUK Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship 2022
- NCUK Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2022
- The University of Sheffield Southern Africa Student Scholarship Fund 2022
- Santander International Merit Scholarship
- In the event that you are selected for any of the above scholarships the most valuable award will take precedence.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with any available scholarships from the Department or Faculty you will be studying in, subject to not becoming a sponsored student*. Please use the funding calculator to find out if any scholarships are available from your Department/Faculty.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any funding from an external sponsor**, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- The scholarship is for one year only.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship and you fail to meet the conditions of your offer you will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of the scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of the course.
- The scholarship will be applied as a tuition fee discount only.
- The decision of the scholarship panel is final. No scholarship applications or decision appeals will be considered.
- All decisions made by the University are made in good faith. If a scholarship is awarded on the basis of predicted grades and you do not achieve the predicted grades or if the information provided is false, the University reserves the right to remove the scholarship.
- If you are selected for the scholarship, you will be required to pay a tuition fee deposit by a fixed date.
- Sponsored student is defined as an individual who in receipt of a total sum of funds that matches or exceeds the original tuition fee required by the University.
- Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for the Sir Sze-yuen Chung Postgraduate Merit Scholarships 2022 Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for other financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now.