Yale University Scholarships for International Students 2022 Application process has commenced. Download Yale University Scholarships for international graduate students 2022 application form Online or Register via their portal: finaid.yale.edu/scholarships-and-grants.
This article is a guide on how to get Yale university scholarships for African students, requirements, deadlines, and the online application process.
We witnessed numerous students nervous about how to get Yale University Scholarships 2022, so don’t panic as we have a lot of testimonies of individuals who used our Yale University Scholarships for the undergraduate application process and ended up being awarded.
Yale University Scholarships Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Yale University
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- To view the full list of undergraduate majors, click here.
- To view the full list of graduate majors, click here.
- Program Period: Program period depends on the chosen Program from 2 to 5 Academic Years.
Types of Yale University Scholarships
Scholarships and other grants are often referred to as gift aid because they do not need to be repaid. Such gift aid falls into one of three categories in the Yale financial aid award:
- Yale Scholarship
- merit-based scholarships
- entitlement grants
Yale’s need-based grant aid for undergraduates, the Yale Scholarship, is a gift and thus never has to be repaid. If a student is awarded financial aid, the Yale Scholarship amount is included on the Financial Aid Award Letter.
The Yale Scholarship can vary from a few hundred dollars to over $70,000 per year; the average Yale need-based scholarship is over $50,000. For additional statistics, see Affordability. Area Yale Club awards, endowed scholarships, and other gift aid from Yale’s alumni and friends may be used as grants in place of some Yale Scholarship funds.
While Yale does not award merit-based scholarships, Yale students often qualify for merit awards from other organizations. Criteria for receiving merit scholarships are directly linked to a student’s performance in academics, sports, music, or another field of special interest. Potential sources for merit-based awards include:
- private companies
- nonprofit organizations
You can find resources to help you search for merit-based scholarships under Sources for Outside Aid.
We encourage you to pursue outside aid awards, which can significantly reduce or eliminate your Student Share amount (see below). All outside aid that is paid directly to Yale is included on the term bill as anticipated credits, thus reducing the amount due.
How merit scholarships affect the financial aid award
For students on financial aid, outside merit scholarships may reduce their Student Share. Amounts that exceed the total Student Share reduce Yale Scholarship.
- ⇒Please note: Some merit scholarships, such as the Gates Millennium Scholarship and NCAA Grant, may also cover the cost of Yale Health hospitalization/specialty care insurance. If allowed by the awarding agency, a merit scholarship may also cover the cost of a computer for incoming students whose outside aid exceeds the Student Share. If you have questions about whether these circumstances apply to you, contact our office.
Entitlement grants are awarded by the federal government, state agencies, or other agencies not affiliated with Yale. The criteria for receiving entitlements are based on federal need, city or state of residence, or affiliation with an employer. An entitlement grant may have a merit component, but if the student would not receive the resource without need, the resource is generally considered an entitlement.
Examples of entitlement grants include:
- federal Pell Grants(link is external) and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants(link is external) (SEOG)
- state grants(link is external)
- employer tuition benefits
- Yale Club or Association Scholarships
Entitlement grants reduce Yale Scholarship dollar for dollar.
Yale University Scholarships for International Students Requirements
To be eligible for Yale University Scholarships, the following criteria is to be fulfilled:
- Two Teacher Recommendations
- $80 Application Fee or Fee Waiver
- Standardized Testing Results
- Counselor Recommendation and School Report (including transcript)
- Final Report
- Mid-Year Report
- For Undergraduate students, click here to apply.
- For graduate students. Please apply by choosing the appropriate program from here.
- You will receive an e-mail for acceptance or refusal.
- Every family’s financial situation is unique, but the table below can give you an idea of typical awards. The table shows median financial aid awards for families of first-year students in the Class of 2023 who applied for financial aid.
|Annual Income Range||Median Net Cost*||Median Scholarship||Percentage Who Qualified for Aid|
|Less than $65,000||$2,850||$76,925||100%|
|Greater than $250,000**||$43,704||$28,881||25%|
- Net Cost is the difference between the Estimated Cost of Attendance (tuition, room, board, books, travel expenses and personal expenses) and a student’s scholarship grant(s) from all sources. Yale financial aid awards include a standardized Student Share, which is an option to meet Net Cost.
- Most who qualify have multiple children in college.
Yale University Scholarship Coverage
The graph below shows how the median figures above compare to Yale’s Estimated Cost of Attendance
How to Apply for Yale University Scholarships for International Graduate Students 2022
To apply for the ongoing Yale University Scholarships for International Students, ensure you have read all the presented requirements. and be sure you fit in.
- Next, click here to visit the Yale University Scholarships Portal
- Select your Yale University Scholarships for International Students opening,
- Read the requirements,
- Next, apply for any of the Yale University Scholarships for International Student openings.
- Click here and add your email, to get Latest Scholarships updates.
CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Babson College Scholarships
- Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships
- GEMS Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- International School of Choueifat Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships
- International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship
- University of Sheffield Africa Scholarship
- Gaza-Palestine Postgraduate Taught Scholarship
- Intake Education Taiwan Scholarship
- Sir Sze-yuen Chung Postgraduate Merit Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Marshall Scholarships
- Stanford University Scholarships for International Students
When is Yale University Scholarships 2022 Application Deadline?
- Applications are not yet open.
- Deadline for Yale University Scholarships is not yet specified.
Kindly add your email to get Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students in USA Updates.
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for Yale University Scholarships 2022 Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for other financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now.